eddie n. fakhoury
Board Member, Detroit Riverfront Conservancy
Assistant Wayne County Executive, Wayne County - Government & Community Relations
Eddie N. Fakhoury, born and raised in Southwest Detroit, has dedicated his life and career to public service and Wayne County. He has 29 years of experience in all aspects of private, nonprofit, and government operations. He possesses a particular aptitude for managing transformative projects resulting in increased revenues, risk mitigation, and enhanced client services.
Prior to his full-time employment with Wayne County, Mr. Fakhoury served as Executive Director of Dearborn Public Schools Education Foundation from June of 2007 until December of 2016. He began his work for Wayne County in 2015 first as an Executive Appointee for Special Projects following that appointment, Mr. Fakhoury was hired for a three-year stint as Central Operations Executive for the Department of Health, Veterans & Community Wellness which concluded in September of 2018. From there he was promoted to Director of Administration for the department until he transitioned to Director of Government and Community Relations in March of 2022 where he served for nearly a year until February of the following year when was again promoted to his current position of Assistant County Executive.
Among Mr. Fakhoury’s list of career accomplishments are the following:
• Established the Office of Government and Community Relations for the CEO of Wayne County to assist in overseeing external and internal relations at all levels of government.
• Improved quality of inmate care and mitigated risk by privatizing county jail health care services.
• Transition Coordinator for both the Adult Jail Health and Juvenile Detention Facility teams on the Wayne County’s New Criminal Jail Complex Development, a $500,000,000+ project.
• Directed, on behalf of the Executive Administration, a county-wide Records Management Project.
• Rejuvenated the county’s internship program resulting in multiple county-wide initiatives & hires.
• Co-lead county’s consolidation of 4 departments into 1 with a total operating budget of $260,000,000.
• Served as the Senior Project Manager of the Wayne County Adult Jail Medical & Mental Health Services leading to attaining the county’s first National Conference on Correctional Healthcare (NCCHC) accreditation of its jail health services.
• Served on the initial taskforce of Wayne County’s Inmate COVID 19 Testing Initiative throughout all the County’s Adult Jails in collaboration with the 3rd Circuit Court, Sherriff Administration, Wayne County Executive Leadership and HHVS Department Leadership.
• Served on the Wayne County Public Health & Wayne County RESA Taskforce, Return-To-School efforts for all school systems throughout the 43 Wayne County communities
• Founder of a state-wide organization that offers support to all public education foundations throughout the State of Michigan
• Executive Director of the Dearborn Education Foundation charged with reviving and turning around the organization resulting in consecutive years of surplus budgets, solidified its strongest cash position year over year, established the foundation’s first endowment fund and launched over 6 scholarship funds.
• Increased education foundation revenues by 70% through strategic donor cultivation and brand awareness.
Mr. Fakhoury received both his undergraduate and graduate degrees from Wayne State University. He currently resides in Dearborn where he raised his four children with his wife of over 25 years and is now a proud grandfather to his grandson born March 8, 2023.