Memorial & Honorary Gifts
Honor a friend, family member or colleague with a gift that creates a living legacy enjoyed by hundreds of thousands of people each year. Memorial donations can be acknowledged in a number of personalized ways, such as with a brick or bench, or based on an individual's area of preference and passion.
To establish a Memorial program please contact the Development Department at (313) 566-8267 or at [email protected].
Legacy or "planned" gifts help support the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy for generations to come. Donors can choose from a variety of creative ways to contribute, including:
- Estate planning/bequests — a great way to include the Conservancy in your will
- Gifts that pay you or your loved ones an income
- Gifts of appreciated stocks or other assets
- Because of the way planned gifts are structured, they often enable donors to make larger gifts than would otherwise be possible. Some planned gifts even provide significant income and tax benefits to the donor.
For more information, please call Cassie Brenske at (313) 566-8267 for a no-obligation conversation or [email protected].
Legacy gifts are those that take effect after our journey on earth has ended. They are often the most significant gifts we may ever make, and their importance to the work of the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy cannot be overestimated. There are several legacy gifts for you to consider:
- Through a Will or Trust: You can leave a bequest to the Conservancy in your will or trust. It can be for a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or whatever remains after all other bequests are satisfied.
If you are considering a bequest for the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy, we encourage you to share this language with your attorney, tax professional or investment professional:
"I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose."
Specific suggested bequest language for an endowment or a particular purpose can be prepared for you by contacting (313) 566-8267.
Other bequest options:
- Through a Retirement Account: You can name the Conservancy as beneficiary of all, or a portion of, your retirement account assets such as your IRA, 401(k), 403(b), Keogh, or other qualified plan.
- Through an Insurance Policy or Annuity: You can name the Conservancy as first, second, or as contingent beneficiary of a life insurance policy or annuity.
- Through a Life Income Gift: Life income gifts come in several varieties, the most popular of which is the Charitable Gift Annuity. Both the donor and the Conservancy can greatly benefit from these arrangements.
- A Legacy Gift is one of the most powerful ways to support the mission of the Conservancy. Upon notification that you have included the Conservancy in your estate plan through a planned gift - you will become a member of The Legacy Society, a distinguished group of individuals who affirm their commitment to the Conservancy with a documented planned gift.
- The information on this site is not intended as legal, tax or investment advice. For definitive advice, please consult an attorney, tax professional or investment professional.
Official title and address for legal documents:
Detroit RiverFront Conservancy
600 Renaissance Center, Suite 1720
Detroit, Michigan 48243-1802
For further information about ways to give to the Conservancy, please contact Cassie Brenske at (313) 566-8267 or [email protected]