These guidelines are intended by the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy to enhance the enjoyment and well-being of guests who use the Detroit RiverWalk, Hart Plaza and Dequindre Cut Greenway.
For Everyone’s Safety and Enjoyment…
- Hours of operation: 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- After 6 p.m. all children under 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian 21 years of age or older.
- Be respectful of other guests.
- Dress should be modest and appropriate for a family environment.
- Respect plantings and wildlife-stay on existing paths.
- Deposit trash and recyclable bottles in appropriate receptacles.
- Bikers and roller skaters yield right of way to pedestrians.
- Fishing is permitted in designated areas only.
- Performances or rallies, commercial activity and distribution of commercial or non-commercial material is prohibited without prior written permission from the Detroit RiverFront Conservancy management except as provided in the Policy and Rules Regarding Leafleting, Petitioning, Solicitation and Demonstrating.
- Dogs are welcome when on a leash and under control. Please pick up and properly dispose of pet waste.
The following are prohibited:
- Camping, campfires and grills.
- Alcoholic beverages, marijuana and other illegal substances.
- Panhandling or solicitation, except as provided in the Policy and Rules Regarding Leafleting, Petitioning, Solicitation and Demonstrating.
- Motor Vehicles.
- Amplified Sound.
- Animals other than dogs on a leash and under control.
- Obscene language or gestures, fighting, yelling, throwing objects, littering, playing loud music or other disorderly conduct of any kind.