Detroit's East Riverfront is 3 ½ miles of Riverfront extending from Joe Louis Arena to Gabriel Richard Park, just beyond the MacArthur (Belle Isle) bridge.
In June 2007, the Detroit Riverfront Conservancy celebrated the first significant opening of new public space on the Detroit International Riverfront since its inception in early 2003. More than 75 percent of the East Riverfront is complete and open to the public, including more than 2 ½ miles of RiverWalk and two of the four planned plazas and pavilions.
- 1 ½ miles of RiverWalk from Joe Louis Arena to Rivard Street
- 1 ¼ miles of RiverWalk from Stroh's River Place at Joseph Campau Street to Mt. Elliott Park, as well as RiverWalk at Gabriel Richard Park
- Rivard Plaza and Pavilion, located at 1340 E. Rivard Street
- Gabriel Richard Park Plaza and Pavilion
The Conservancy continues work to complete the East Riverfront, including fulfilling their East Riverfont capital campaign, which is providing the funding for building and permanently operating, maintaining and programming the Detroit International Riverfront.