Your gift helps transform the riverfront
Thursday, December 8, 2016
December 7, 2016 [Detroit]- This past year, the mission of the Conservancy was advanced in many memorable ways:
- More than 300,000 people participated in Conservancy programs along the riverfront.
- Kids from Detroit received more than 4,000 free books as part of our GM Reading & Rhythm on the Riverfront program.
- GM River Days, Touch-A-Truck, Fiesta del Rio, and other special events brought thousands of families together on the riverfront.
- New programs were added this year including Harvestfest on the Dequindre Cut, Riverfront Relaxin’ movie and music nights at West Riverfront Park, and the VIP Student Zone during the Ford Fireworks.
- The Dequindre Cut’s beautiful David Campbell Memorial Terrace was dedicated, giving visitors a special creative space for a variety of performance art.
- The Conservancy has also led efforts to develop a comprehensive framework plan for the East Riverfront to ensure that new development will support the walkability and authenticity of the neighborhood.
Take a look at our new video to see what people are saying about the Detroit RiverWalk and Dequindre Cut, and what your gift helps accomplish. Donate today to help us reach our $1 million Annual Campaign goal and keep the RiverWalk a beautiful, exciting, safe, and accessible world-class gathering place for all. To donate, click the button below.